Translate

quarta-feira, 1 de julho de 2009

English language and its importance.

"Where there is a will, there is a way". When I decided to study English to understand the songs of my favorite artists, Shakespeare's words were the light that showed me that I could go farther. Since that day, I understood that English could be more than a tool to get foreign songs. English could be a tool to know the whole world.
I started studying English using songs of American and British artists. I listened to the songs with the lyrics in my hand, checking words, pronunciation, intonation, etc. I did this many times and it helped me a lot with my English. However, there was a moment that I wanted more. I wanted to use, to practice my English not only with music, but with books, videos and, mainly, with people from different countries in order to know different cultures.
To sum up, I can say that what I learned with songs I use a lot in situations like conversation classes, interviews and talking moments. The English that I learned with songs are and were the basis to the English that I use nowadays.

Nenhum comentário: